The Chilean Path Pinte - San Félix
Duration: 2 days/1 night
Live this demanding 35 km trekking crossing the Tatul mountain range on the path that connects the “Indian Valley” with the “Spaniards Valley”.
You’ll follow the steps of the ancient native inhabitants who used this path to get from one valley to the other and to guide up their animals to feeding places in the mountains – habit which is maintained until today.
Enjoy the mountainous landscapes of Atacama’s Andes, the magic and the silence of places far away from stress and everyday life, the starry night sky and the experience of a challenging adventure.
Capacity: 2 - 6 participants
Season: October - April (subject to weather conditions)
Itinerary: Pinte – Quebrada del Ají – El Podón – Vega Redonda – La Hoyada – Coral de León – Damasco Seco – San Felix
Tour includes: Spanish speaking Guide, introduction speech, trekking sticks, outdoor food, first aid kit, wireless set, GPS, tent (if needed)
Optional (additional cost):
- English- or Germanspeaking guide
- pack animal and accompanying muleteer (1st day)
Tour DOESN'T include: transfers Vallenar-Pinte / San Félix-Vallenar, insurance, sun protection, rescue costs
You should bring:
- comfortable and adequate clothes and shoes for trekking
- warm clothing for the night and windbreaker
- tent and sleeping bag suitable for middle-high mountains(tent can be borrowed if necessary)
- comfortable and adequate backpack for trekking
- sun protection as sunhat, sunglasses and sun-blocker
- bottle for water
- Permited age range: 12 – 65 years
- Activity is not suitable for pregnant women, persons with limitations in their mobility, persons who suffer fear of heights, persons with cardiac and respiratoryproblems, persons who can’t stand the height of 3000 m.a.s.l.
- Any restriction in health of a participant has to be informed with anticipation
- Participants should have experience in long lasting trekking tours and should be able to follow the instructions of the guide
- Every participant should fill out an inscription and acceptance of risk – form before initiating the activity
- Value per person incl. tax:
- 2 participants: 78000 CLP
- 3 participants: 58000 CLP
- 4 to 6 participants: 48000 CLP