Magic Village Tour
Duration : halfday
To get to the tiny little village Pinte, you have to bike upwards 8 km through the characteristic fruit cultivations of the “Indian Valley” and the colourful Pinte - Ravine which presents you an artwork made by nature. Its hills and mountains seem to be painted with a colour palette of different red tones, ocher and purple and its rocks seem to be modeled by a sculptor.
Pinte – village is a place without public transport and without internet and mobile phone reception.
Currently it’s inhabited only by some families that dedicate themselves to agriculture and ancient crafts. Framed by the colourful mountains, the village has such a lovely ambience that it seems to be scenery of a fairy tale. It has a little village square with fruit trees and an adobe made church.
Due to the deposits of paleontological vestiges in the surroundings, Pinte today relies on a small site-museum where various fossils of theJurassic, Cretaceous and Triassic, which evidence part of the history of our planet, are exhibited.
The museum further relies on other objects and vestiges of the place which show the particular local history.
To get back to our initial point, you get on the bicycle again to whizz downhill and enjoy the view over the valley.
Capacity: 1 - 8 participants
Season: possible during the whole year
Itinerary: La Arena – Pinte - Río Transito - La Arena (La Arena is accesible by local transport)
Tour includes: Spanish speaking guide, introduction speech, mountainbike, equipment (helmet, air pump, repair kit), snack, mineral water (1 ½ l),visit museum, first aid kit, wireless set, GPS
Optional (additional cost):
- English- or German speaking guide
- transfers accommodation – La Arena – accommodadtion
Tour DOESN’T include: Insurance, other food than the mentioned, sun protection
You should bring:
- comfortable and adequate clothes and shoes for biking
- small backpack
- sun protection as sunhat, sunglasses and sunblocker
- Permited age range: 12 – 65 years
- Activity is not suitable for pregnant women, persons with limitations in their mobility, persons with cardiac and respiratory problems, persons with problems in their knee s
- Any restriction in health of a participant has to be informed with anticipation
- Participants should be able to ride a bicycle and to follow the instructions of the guide
- Every participant should fill out an inscription and acceptance of risk – form before initiating the activity
Value per person including tax: 15000 CLP