Downhill Mountainbike Chollay - La Arena (Code: 0015)
In the remote little village of Chollay in the Andean foothills of Huasco Province we begin our tour. By bicycle we ride on the edge of Chollay River, which – reaching the main valley – meets the Conay River and both form the Tránsito River
We descend through the valley of the same name also known as “Indian Valley” passing different villages and landscapes.
You can appreciate the ambience full of contrasts offered by this fertile valley which meanders through Atacama’s desert environment and get to know its hidden corners, its fruits and its characteristic handicrafts.
The activity is adaptable with public transport from/to Vallenar.
Capacity: 2 - 8 participants
Season: possible during the whole year
Itinerary: Chollay - Conay - Los Tambos - El Parral - La Pampa - La Angostura - La Arena (Chollay is accessible by public transport)
Tour includes: Spanish speaking guide, introduction speech, mountainbike including its transfport, equipment (helmet, air pump, repair kit), snack, mineral water (1 ½ l), first aid kit, wireless set, GPS
Optional (additional cost):
- English- or German speaking guide
- transfers accommodation – Chollay / La Arena – accommodation
Tour DOESN’T include: Insurance, other food than the mentioned, sun protection
You should bring:
- adequate clothes and shoes for biking
- small backpack
- sun protection as sunhat, sunglasses and sunblocker
- Permited age range: 12 – 65 years
- Activity is not suitable for pregnant women, persons with limitations in their mobility, persons with cardiac and respiratoryproblems, persons with problems in their knees
- Any restriction in health of a participant has to be informed with anticipation
- Participants should be able to ride a bicycle and to follow the instructions of the guide
- Every participant should fill out an inscription and acceptance of risk – form before initiating the activity
- Value per person including tax: 18000 CLP